These require minimum prep and supplies. These are made in just a few minutes and are made with materials that you already have at home? Sounds magical, right? I feel like this is a project to take you and your kids over the rainbow. Come with me below to make these Unicorn Valentines, too.
(ABOVE: Make Unicorn Valentine Cards. Make Unicorn Valentine Puppets. Make Unicorn Valentine Party Crafts. Make Unicorn Bookmarks!)
Don’t you love a simple project where kids can inject imagination and then, repeat again and again, independently. I wish I had room to share all of the unicorns I’ve been seeing made around me and would love it if I received one of these in the mail! When I introduced these to the kids in my class, they let out a cheer which made me feel like racing to get these to you, too!
This is a 2-in-1 projects! Hipp hip hurray! Unicorns + Valentines + Valentine’s Day Gift all in one super, simple, project.
- Origami Paper (I made these oversized for small hands by making paper squares that were 8 1/2 ‘” x 8 1/2 ‘” x (21 x 21 cm)
- Colored Paper (I used silver foil + creamy transparent paper for the mane + horn; matching paper for the ears)
- Something to draw with: markers, crayon, paints.
- To make these, use 1/2 of a square sheet of origami paper.
- With the patterned side to the outside, fold the rectangle in half lengthwise.
- Then fold it in half width-wise to mark the center line, and open again.
- Fold one side up at a 45 degree angle, so the edge aligns with the center.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Flip the paper over. Fold the top downward. You will leave about 1/3 of the top section which will be folded down.
- Fold in the corners to form a heart shape. The little pocket at the bottom can fit over page corners if you use this as a bookmark.
- Adda Paper Fringe
- Paper Ear
- Paper or Foil Horn
- Draw facial features
Parents often tell me that they’re looking for creative projects to make with their kids but, don’t have the time or don’t want to invest in excessive supplies. Living in Sweden, I’m super motivated by the same in my daily life, too. Supplies add up so quickly here and I also love the simplicity of making something uniquely fabulous out of the ordinary. Don’t you, too?
As always, I’m so happy to meet you here. Happy Valentine’s Day Preparations. I would love to see what you do with this tutorial.
GIVE the gift of love | HERE:
Is L O V E in the air around your, too? Are you ready with your Valentine Cards? Do your kids made handmade cards or are you looking for a special Valentine’s Day project to make with your kids? These are so simple that they’re almost magic. These are Unicorn Valentine Cards that are also Unicorn Bookmarks!