flora and fauna artwork | GREETING CARDS SETS | HERE (limited printing)
DAY 1 | Piñata Tree Ornaments
Happy December. Welcome to Day 1 in “The Creative Collective Sweden’s: 24 Days of Creativity Calendar.” The guests and the entire month have me seeing rainbows; gingerbread rainbows, actually. I suspect that when you see the guest list below, you’ll feel the same. I’m so thrilled and relieved to finally be able to say, “Let’s go.”
If you’re already a follower of willowday, then you know that I’m attacted to projects that can have multiple uses. I think these piñata are that kind of project:
– table decoration
– advent calendars.
I can’t wait to see what you do with these.
- Paper Hats (Use store purchased or make your own using this template | Click here)
- Tissue or Crepe Paper
- Scissors (optional: Fringe Scissors, if you have these)
- Glue Gun
- Wooden Skewer, if making the variation with the tree trunk
- Candy or Toys
Start by assembling the hats.
– Cut ribbon to size and adhere to the top of the hat with glue gun.
– FrInge Crepe or Tissue Paper in long strips.
— Cut Paper Circles that will cover the bottom of the hat.
These can be made with matching paper or tissue paper.
- Place Candy and Treats in the middle of the circle,
- Apply glue to the outer edges of the circle and press the hat in place so that it closes.
- After the cone has been filled and sealed, adhere fringe around the outside of the cone.
- Once this is dry, your ornaments are ready!
- Remember: these aren’t just pretty, these ornaments are meant for action, as well.
When party time comes, pop open the bottom and enjoy!
Optional: if you’d like to have a tree on a long wooden trunk there are two steps to add before filling the cone with candy.
- Fill inside point of the hat with glue and press the wooden skewer into this
- Let cool.
- Once this is cool, fill the cone with candy or treats then, delicately mark the middle of the paper base or make a very very small hole. Slide the wooden skewer through the base and then adhere the base to the cone, as above.
- The hot glue is perfect for creating a stable base to hold the wooden skew.
Something you might like:
If you’re looking for more projects to make, | HERE | or items from the kitchen | HERE |
Something you might like:
Swedish Snowflakes: Moose Snowflake , Dala Horse Snowflake , Snowman Snowflake
Thank you for joining me and thank you for spreading the word to make the world a happy place to raise happy, healthy, creative young movers and makers with me! Willowday Wishes. Join me on INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | and FACEBOOK, too.
LEAF THROUGH PRINT SHOP | HERE
CLICK HERE TO GET WILLOWDAY STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX — daily posts in the “24 DAYS OF SCANDINAVIAN CREATIVITY Calendar —- AND TO RECEIVE A FREE FUN FOODS EBOOK, EXCLUSIVELY FOR SUBSCRIBERS.