Welcome to the 24 Days of Scandinavian Creativity Calendar. I’m joining and sharing, daily posts, from 24 creatives in a collaborative project this month of December. I’m so happy to meet you here. Today, let’s welcome, Chiara, for DAY 14. Crepe Paper Wreath Cupcake Toppers.
continue below for full post
Meet Chiara Alberetti Milott —-
Greetings from Brooklyn, NY, where the stoops are all decorated with sparkling Christmas lights and doors are festooned with fragrant pine wreaths – the inspiration for this Holiday craft today! I made these crepe paper wreath cupcake toppers to bring to a party – and I love that they cost mere pennies to make! A roll of streamers from the Party Store, toothpicks and some scraps of paper will get you started. Be sure to crank up the Christmas music before you get to it! Wishing you all the happiest of holidays and all best wishes for the New Year!
Crepe Paper Wreath Cupcake Toppers
Materials needed: green streamers, toothpicks, craft glue, scissors, wire, wire cutters, red and pink paper scraps, hole punch, hot glue gun.
Step 1: Cut a 12” piece of streamer, and then cut it lengthwise to create two narrower strips.
Step 2: Fold up the strip and cut fringe into the side.
Step 3: Apply a line of glue along the non-fringed side.
Step 4. Take a 7” piece of wire and begin rolling the fringe around the wire, starting at the left side of the wire and rolling towards the right.
Step 5: Twist the wire into a circle and secure the ends together with a little twist of the wire.
Step 6: Punch out some paper “berries” and glue them to various spots around the wreath.
Step 7: Turn the wreath over, and affix a toothpick to the bottom of the wreath with hot glue.
Step 8: If the tip of the toothpick is showing, clip it off with the wire cutters.
Cupcake toppers can be wiped clean with a damp paper towel, and stored away in a tin for next year.
More about Chiara:
View all of Chiara’s projects for Oh Happy Day (here:)
More Chiara here at chiarabelle
Chiara on Instagram: @chiarabelle
It’s like a beautifully wrapped early Christmas Gift for me, to bring Chiara to Sweden. From the moment I first saw Chiara’s work at Ohhappyday, it stood out. Chiara consistently delivers projects that I feel that I just have to do, for parties that I just want to be at and are created in a way that I know I’ll be able to re-create. I’m so very happy to bring her into this calendar for her fresh take on a Scandinavian Holiday! You can bet that these will be showing up at my parties this year
If you’re on instagram, Chiara’s adorable boys + subtle humour always make my day. If I could choose my next door neighbour, I’d choose Chiara. I celebrate her visit to join me + all of my wonderful, Scandinavian guests + collaborators, who are truly whipping up one, wonderful, 4th Annual 24 Days of Scandinavian Creativity Calendar.
Thank you, Matilda + Nathalie, for your DAY 13, Babes in Boyland, LUCIA WREATH, yesterday (here.) Your visual story telling has such poetry. Tomorrow, I look forward to guest, Melissa of, Lulu the Baker, tomorrow (here) DAY 15 who I met, as she was working on her Scandinavian Gatherings Cookbook!
I truly hope you’re having as much fun as I am following along with this month’s calendar! Happy Day 14 and I look forward to meeting you again tomorrow for the calendar and all week for more Ornaments in the SCANDINAVIAN ORNAMENTS for KIDS SERIES. Did you see the No. 3 Lucia Nightlight Ornament (here) , yesterday?
Willowday Wishes, Gina
- 24 Days of Scandinavian Christmas Creativty starts here, DAY 1
- DAY 1 HERE | GINA from willowday – Plaster dipped pine votive
- DAY 2 HERE | Sofia from Mokkasin.: ALSO A STAR
- DAY 3 HERE | Mari with Pine Garland
- DAY 4 HERE Heidi with Melting Snowmen
- DAY 5 HRE | Mina | Minipiccolini
- DAY 6 (here) | Hanna Wendelbo PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS TAG
- DAY 7 HERE | Lia : A Tribe Called Life : Toffee
- DAY | HERE | 8 Karin from Pysselbolaget
- DAY 9 | HERE | WOODEN CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT
- DAY 12 TOMORROW with Malin of Pastill.nu
- DAY 13 , LUCIA; with Natalie and Mathilda of, Babes in Boyland
- DAY 14 | HERE | Chiara (collaborator to Oh Happy Day) will share her post at Gina’s blog, Willowday.
- DAY 15 | Norwegian HOUSE BLOCKS | Lulu the Baker | HERE
- DAY 16 welcome back as we open door 16 with Helena Lyth.
- DAY 17 | HERE | SIFORELLA | Edible Advent Bread Wreath
- DAY 18 | HERE | 18 Hanging Wreath | Lina by the Bay
- DAY 19 | HERE | AIR-DRIED Ornaments | MIA KINOKO
- Day 20 | GLUTEN FREE BREAD | Annelies blomsterochbakverk
- DAY 21 | DOLL SIZED WREATH | Merrilee Liddard | Mer Mag
- DAY 22 | PAPER TREE DECORATION | Ane Kirstine
- DAY 23 | HERE | IVY + STARS | LewesMap
- DAY 24 | Ginger Bread Ice Cream Sandwiches | Ulrika Krii
CLICK HERE TO GET WILLOWDAY STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX — daily posts in the “24 DAYS OF SCANDINAVIAN CREATIVITY Calendar —- AND TO RECEIVE A FREE FUN FOODS EBOOK, EXCLUSIVELY FOR SUBSCRIBERS.