DIY Paper Lanterns
Use one template to make an endless varieties of Paper Lanterns. These are super easy to make and have endless variations.
LED lights can be used with Paper Lanterns and are perfect both for grown up entertaining —- scattered on dinner tables, added to picnic blankets, strung across the patio —- or made by kids.
Let’s get started:
DIY Paper Lanter SUPPLIES
- Paper ( regular, transparent, news print, etc.)
- LED tea light candles
- Hole Punch
- Scotch tape
- Template (PDF DIY Paper Lantern TEMPLATE HERE)
- HOW TO make a Paper Lantern:
- 1. Begin by either printing out the Paper Lantern template, (PDF DIY Paper Lantern TEMPLATE HERE).
- 2. Cut the lantern shape out of desired paper.
3. Punch holes with hole punch.
4. Fold the corners up.
5. Using the longest piece of tape possible, place in on the INSIDE of the box and very, very carefully pull the opposite side up and seal tightly. You do not want light coming out of the edges, so take time to seal these well.
6. Carefully insert the LED candle.
7. Press to light when desired.
I hope these bring beauty tables and even, corners of your home! Enjoy.
The idea for these Paper Lanterns came to me as I was planning my son, Grayson’s, camping birthday party. I wanted the kids to make something that they could use after the party and to remember the fun of the day. I picked up recycled tin. Cut the shapes but, had the kids at the party punch holes, thread the wire and end with a LED light. My idea was that the kids could all take home a night light. In the process, I found that I couldn’t toss the newspaper templates I had made in preparation. They’re beautiful and now a summer staple. I love these folded from news print.SOMETHING YOU MIGHT LIKE:Pyramid Gift Boxes (Hint: these are perfect for wrapping round objects)
Balloon Ice Lanterns
Mardi Gras Ice Lanterns
Make Alphabet Containers
MORE WILLOWDAY PAPER PROJECTS
Cut + Fold Paper Snowman | Paper Flower Gift Wrap | Prism Snow Globes | Watercolor Resist Envelopes | Printable Paper Party Hats | How to make a Water Color Pencil | Paper Towel Doodles | Paint: Easy Watercolor Stickers | World Flag Cupcake Toppers (or tiny flags + tattoos, too)| Make a Bulldog Bookmark
Thank you for joining me. I hope that you take away a little inspiration, imagination and a small little bit of Sweden, too! If you use this tutorial, I would love to see what you do with it. Share your willowday projects with me on Instagram and Facebook. Willowday Wishes Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest
Willowday Wishes Instagram – Facebook – Pinterest